Lagan Homes’ origins are founded within the Lagan Group of companies. Founded in 1960, the Lagan Group in 2017 was one of the largest privately owned companies in Ireland and employed over 1,000 people with a turnover in excess of £350 million before being sold in 2018 to Breedon.
The Lagan Group consisted of a number of construction companies operating in a range of sectors encompassing roads to runways, construction materials to civil engineering.
Companies within the group included:
A materials manufacturing business including;
- Manufacture of over 700,000 tonnes of Cement from a modern plant in Westmeath
- Brick manufacturing, totalling over 11 million bricks per annum
- Roof tile manufacturing, totalling over 12 million tiles per annum
- Sand extraction
- A chimney manufacturing facility
Lagan Asphalt Group
A vertically integrated asphalt business with;
- A bitumen importation business producing 250,000 tonnes per annum with 2 import terminals and a 12,000 tonne ship
- Over 30 quarries in Ireland
- 8 Asphalt Production facilities
- An asphalt surfacing business operating in both the UK and Ireland and internationally
- A road marking business
The world’s leading supplier of high quality slate products. The company has been operating since the 18th century and from 4 sites in Wales provides primarily roofing slate along with architectural and other uses. The company also have a significant aggregates and industrial mineral business.
A leading Contracting and Materials Business operating in the UK and Ireland Whitemountain specialises in Civil Engineering, Highway Maintenance, Airfield Construction, Aggregate Production, Bitumen Importation & Distribution, Waste Management and Green Energy.
In 2018 a substantial element of the Lagan Group was sold to Breedon. Retained businesses include Lagan Homes and FastHouse.
Established in 1983 Lagan Homes has three companies, operating in both Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and England. Lagan Homes is at the forefront of high quality homebuilding and collectively develops over 400 homes per annum with a significant land bank and interests in strategic land.
FastHouse has developed a Specialised Construction System in a factory controlled environment which have a range of uses in both the residential, leisure and commercial sector.
This high-tech company has the ability to dramatically reduce construction timeframes and has the capacity to deliver over 800 units per year from state of the art 200,000 ft2 facility in Northern Ireland.